All Skateboards imported to Singapore by Evolve Skateboards Singapore are custom built for the Singapore market to comply with the maximum speed, width and weight limit as per the Physical Criteria for Personal Mobility Devices set by LTA. All boards sold on this website, regardless of model, can be used on footpaths, cycling and shared paths if used in accordance with the guidelines set by the LTA under the Active Mobility Bill. For more information on these guidelines, visit the link below.
HOW DO I PICK THE RIGHT BOARD FOR ME?
With so many deck and wheels options, it can be tough picking the right Evolve board. We created this guide to help you decide!
Each board offers a slightly different ride, however, all of our boards can climb insanely steep hills of up to 25% gradient with ease. All boards are customisable, have minimal noise, smooth acceleration, and a suggested max load of 100kg/220lbs.
The first step is to choose the right product line. Our product lines are grouped into the following series:
This design focused board offers maximum range and a sleek design. This deck has a slightly longer wheel base than our bamboo models, and is often preferred by riders who want a little extra stability for hitting top speeds. This slightly longer deck is super stealth with a very high tech look, sound and feel, which includes built in electronics.SHOP THE GT SERIES
The wider bamboo deck makes this the ultimate carving machine! This board combines the high performance battery range of the Carbon GT and morphs these features into a slick new looking Bamboo deck. Available with black or gold motors and a slightly larger battery, the GTX is for those who like the look and feel of a bamboo deck with extra range.SHOP THE GTX SERIES
Our hugely popular, flexible bamboo deck. This board offers a good amount of flex for maximum control at all speeds and the deck shape locks in the rider’s feet whilst riding. It has a slightly smaller 7AH battery compared to the 10AH battery in the Carbon GT and Bamboo GTX which makes it more affordable. A carving machine and perfect for a cruisey, beachy feel.SHOP THE GT SERIES
The Evolve ONE is our lightest board ever and is a great board for those wanting something that is portable yet packed with performance and a ride to match! The powerful 2000 watt sensored brushless outrunner motor allows for a smooth acceleration and braking experience and up to 20% gradient hill climbing ability all on the single drive system.SHOP THE ONE BOARD
FACTORS TO CONSIDER WHEN SELECTING YOUR BOARD:
Consider the distance you will need to ride on one charge.
- Our biggest battery boards are the Carbon GT and Bamboo GTX The Bamboo GT and ONE boards have a smaller battery.
- Street setups will have more range than our AT boards due to the greater resistance from the wheel
2. TERRAIN – AT OR STREET?
Where do you want to ride?
- Will you be sticking to pathways and streets or going off road?
- All of our GT and GTX series boards are compatible with both AT and street wheels, meaning more variety and versatility in your ride!
- For those looking to use rough roads, poor quality paths or just head off road and ride through grass, sticks and dirt, the AT setup is a must.
- Street wheels are suited to riding on roads or pathways with a smooth surface. Larger street wheels ie 97 – 107mm will roll over more obstacles compared to smaller wheels 80-83mm. Smooth surfaces allow for the best ride on street wheels. The larger the street wheel the higher the top speed you can reach, the smaller the wheel the more torque you’ll get. For an in-depth look into wheel options, watch this video.
- ONE boards are not compatible with AT or Off Road wheels For riders looking for more variety, the 2in1 board option offers this in one box! All 2in1 boards come in AT setup with a GT Street Kit and wheels of choice.
3. DECK FLEXIBILITY
How do you want the deck to respond when you’re riding?
- A flexible deck will help to absorb vibrations from terrain however it’s not as stable when riding at higher speeds.
- The Carbon GT deck has a stiffer feel under foot, mostly in street setup but not so much in AT setup, however it has a brilliant feeling at higher speeds making it a very stable and controlled ride.
- The Bamboo GT boards have a slightly more flexible feeling deck under foot than the Carbon.
- The GTX is our most flexible deck option
What do you envision your board looking like?
- The bamboo decks feature a cruisy, beachy, quality vibe and are favoured more by purists.
- The carbon deck is design focused, with a high tech look, and feel. This board has a distinctive F1 low profile look with concealed electrics for a stealthy vibe.
What is your budget?
- The Carbon GT and Bamboo GTX were designed and built for maximum quality and performance. These will be our more expensive boards but our best in terms of design, power and peformance.
- The Bamboo GT has the all the power and performance of our top of the line range but has a smaller battery. It has a 7Ah battery instead of the 10Ah battery and hence is a little cheaper.
- The Bamboo ONE board is our MOST AFFORDABLE board. It has the same fun and carving performance as the other boards but has smaller battery and a single powerful out runner motor. This is also our lightest board and great for commuters.